Have you ever just felt like something was “off” in your business, but you just couldn’t put your finger on it?
It’s likely you felt (or are feeling) this way because something is out of alignment in your business.
You can be out of alignment with your business in a few different ways.
- Your business can be out of alignment with who you are at your core
- Your services can be out of alignment with your gifts, talents, passions
- Your marketing and messaging can be out of alignment with your truth
- Your ideal clients can be out of alignment with who you are meant to serve
10 signs your business is out of alignment
So how do you know if something is out of alignment in your business? Check to see if any of these signs resonate with you:
1. Something just feels “off” but you just can’t put your finger on it. (This is the #1 sign.)
2. You keep changing niches but never seem to settle on one you love.
3. You’re constantly developing new packages only to get bored of them.
4. You’re not attracting clients or the clients you are attracting aren’t your ideal clients. (These clients may frustrate you and irritate you, push your buttons, ask for more, or just feel “wrong.”)
5. You struggle when talking about your business, both in person and in your marketing.
6. You don’t feel excited to do the work you do. Sometimes you even dread it.
7. You have major FOMO every time a colleague introduces something new and you think, “Why didn’t I come up with that?!”
8. You just can’t seem to find your sweet spot, despite dipping your toe in many different waters.
9. Literally every aspect of your business feels like a struggle.
10. You feel like you’re meant for more, but you just don’t know what that is.
It’s especially frustrating when you’re out of alignment with your business because…
Nothing is more frustrating than feeling like something is off but you just can’t figure out what IT is.
To add to this stress, you might be frustrated because…
- All the “experts” around you are telling you what you “should” do, but it’s not working for you.
- You see things working for your colleagues that you’ve tried with lackluster results.
- You’re starting to fall into a cycle of self-doubt and questioning if being a business owner is even for you.
After all, how can you fix the problem when you don’t even know what the problem is?!
Why alignment is so important in your business
True alignment is when what you do is aligned with who you are. Meaning, the work you do uses your unique combination of skills, talents, and passions. And your business is set up to honor your big picture vision and reflect your values.
This also means you have a strong sense of purpose in your work, you’re doing work that you absolutely love, serving those who need you most, and communicating authentically (and easily) about the work you do.
True alignment looks and feels like…
- You know your bigger picture vision and your business fits into that vision.
- You know the purpose you’re serving through your work.
- You love the clients you serve and the work you do.
- Your business feels like an extension of who you are.
- You feel energized by the core aspects of your business
- You feel confident and motivated to keep working on your business.
- You trust your intuition for business decisions.
When your business is aligned, you see results
When you are in true alignment with your business, you’ll feel it internally and you’ll experience these external results:
- Day-to-day activities are easier, so you’re less stressed.
- You don’t overly stress or second guess yourself about decisions, you feel more confident.
- Marketing/sales feels more natural; you show up authentically with ease.
- You naturally attract those clients who need/want what you have to offer; you don’t kill yourself trying to get just one new client.
- You aren’t distracted by what others do; so you’re more productive and focused on what’s important.
What to do if your business is out of alignment
If you’ve read through all of the above and you sense something is out of alignment with your business, don’t despair.
Just because you haven’t found it yet doesn’t mean you can’t.
When you take the time and energy to consider what it truly means for you to have an aligned business, you set yourself up for positive results, both internally and externally. You feel more clear, confident, and motivated in your business. And, in turn, your business activities, decisions, and clients come more easily.
Ready to feel more aligned in your business?
For the month of August, I’m offering free business alignment sessions. We’ll talk about how you can create the alignment you crave in your business so that you can feel more energized, confident, and productive. Sign up here.