In order to understand what they need, you need to know them: their pains, their desired solutions, what they want to achieve by working with you.
And you want to be able to articulate those pains, needs, and desired solutions in words that they use.
Why do market research for your coaching business?The main reason you do market research is to validate your offers and services, but doing market research for your coaching or wellness business can help you…
- Ensure you’re creating something your prospective clients need and will pay for.
- Build an offer that delivers value.
- Understand how to market this offer to your prospective clients.
When you talk to your clients, you not only learn WHAT they need, you learn WHY they need it.
You hear them describe their needs and desired solutions in their own words, so you can develop an offer that fits and marketing copy that speaks to them.
Download your free guide to market research here!
When to conduct market researchDoing market research in your coaching business is key, especially in these specific times:
- When you’re first starting out. When you’re first starting out, you have lots of ideas of what you want to offer, but you may not have enough information on what prospective clients actually need.
- When you’re creating new services. As you serve clients, you naturally start expanding your service offering to fit what they need… that’s great. But if you have an idea for a new service, you’ll want to validate it first.
- When you’re serving a new target market. If you’re branching out into a new niche, you’ll want to do market research to better understand their specific pain points and desired solutions.
How to do market research on a small budgetWhen you’re just starting out, you definitely want to do market research. But how do you do do it on a small – or no – budget? You don’t need to have a huge budget or hire an agency. You only need to prepare, be willing to reach out to some prospective clients, and be an excellent listener.
The bonus is that doing market research allows you to connect with potential clients who may be interested in what you have to offer!
How to get started with market researchThere are basically 3 steps to get started with market research for your coaching business.
- Develop a list of targeted questions you want to ask these prospective clients.
- Reach out to prospective clients and ask for their time and
- Take good notes!